I have been nominated for Liebster Award
Getting noted for your work and being nominated for an award is an amazing feeling. Thanks a lot to Arun Rajamani (https://mytravelpedia.net/) for nominating my blog for Liebster award. It means a lot.
The Liebster Award is given to recognize and/or discover new bloggers and welcome them to the world of blogging. This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
5. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
6. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
7. inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Following are the questions that I am supposed to answer:
1. Do you have any place in mind which you feel is underrated when it comes to tourism?
From my experience, I can tell that there are few temples in Karnataka which are underrated when it comes to tourism. For example, Turuvekere temples. There are few ancient Hoysala temples built during 1250 A.D in Turuvekere, but these beautiful monuments are not maintained well. Most people from Karnataka are not at all aware of these hidden treasures. I am sure there are many more similar temples facing the same situation.
2. Your top most essential travel item (excluding your passport)?
Camera to capture all the wonderful moments, and mobile phone to help us with the navigation and to know about the places.
3. Hotels or hostels?
Hotels. We prefer spending time outside hotel/hostel when we are on travel. For us, hotels are only shelters at night and a place for refreshing in the morning.
4. What is your best advice in saving money while traveling?
Our advice to save money while travelling is to find a best budget hotel for your stay. If you are more interested in exploring the places than spending time at the resort, you should find a hotel for lesser price. We feel spending lot of money on resort/hotel just to sleep at night is not worth.
5. What is one of the best travel lessons you’ve learnt so far?
Get up early in the morning and enjoy each and every moment of the day. Make best use of your stay.
6. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? Why?
Any hill station. Because, I simply feel heavenly at hill stations.
7. What was one of the most unusual/ unexpected travel experience you’ve encountered?
Nothing as such.
8. Do you miss home while traveling? If yes, then what makes you miss home?
Hmmm.. Never missed home while travelling. Since I always travel with my husband, he never gives me chance to miss home. 🙂
9. What’s your preferred mode of transportation while traveling?
Our own car. I prefer own transport because we do not have to depend on anybody and also lot of time can be saved.
10. What’s your next travel destination and why?
Not planned anything yet. But, would love to go for a north India tour.
My nominees for the Liebster award (in no particular order) are:
- Privin – https://www.outsidesuburbia.com/
- Swami Upendra – https://vagabondimages.in/
- Jatin Adlakha – https://wanderingjatin.com/
- Paramvir Singh – https://www.theuntourists.com/
- Charu Sharma – https://untraveledroutes.wordpress.com/
- Srijal Sahu – https://www.srijalism.com/
- Sriram and Krithiga – https://www.srikri.com/
- Manjulika Pramod – https://manjulikapramod.com/
- Indrani Ghose – https://isharethese.blogspot.in/
- Sunita Sriram – https://adsunsri.wordpress.com/
Following are the questions to my nominees:
1. Why do you love travelling?
2. What made you start writing the blog? Who/what became your inspiration?
3. What are your tips to make the trip memorable?
4. What was one of the most unusual/unexpected travel experience you’ve encountered?
5. What are the most important things you take care when planning for a trip (write 3 points)?
6. Which is your best trip so far?
7. What’s your preferred mode of transportation while traveling?
8. If you are a working person, how do you manage time for travelling and also for writing blogs?
9. What are your tips to save money during travelling?
10. What is your dream destination?
Congratulations. I too would like to live at a hill station, which is not congested 🙂
Thank Alok. 🙂
Thank you Kashpals
Congrats.Thanks a lot for nominating us.
Sriram & Krithiga
Thanks Sriram and Krithiga..
So glad to know more about you. Thank you very much for nominating me, it is an honor!
Thanks Indrani. Waiting to see your answers :-).
Congratulations for the award!
Thanks for nominating OutsideSuburbia! It is an honor!!
Hello 🙂 Sorry the late reply…was busy traveling:)
Thanks so very much for nominating Untraveled Routes!!! I loved your answers especially the one – Do you miss home ?
Glad that you liked my answers.